Our response to COVID-19
On Monday 10th May, the UK Government announced that the Roadmap is on track and the planned Step 3 easements of COVID restrictions will go ahead from Monday 17th May 2021. With this in mind, we wanted to give you an update on our position based on the current government guidelines.
For the first time in almost 18 months, all members of staff are now back in the office and are working their usual working patterns. As a close-knit team, with a penchant for office banter, it feels great to have everyone back under oven roof.
Whilst it is good news that restrictions are easing, it is important that we do not get complacent, and we will continue to follow strict safety measures to ensure that we remain in the office.
The following measures have been implemented based on the latest information:
- We have opened our large meeting room for essential customer meetings only, for a maximum of 6 people including Cubik staff. During the meeting, we will open all windows to ensure a continuous flow of clean air.
- There are hand cleaning stations at the entrance and exit of our facility. We ask that all visitors sanitise their hands on arrival and again on departure.
- For everyone’s safety, we are asking that visitors do not shake hands with our team or with each other.
- The large meeting room will be fully sanitised between meetings including table, chairs, and IT equipment.
- All non-essential customer meetings will continue to take place virtually.
- Our small meeting room will remain closed.
- If customers need to collect or drop-off items we ask that they to do so in the reception area and do not cross the line into our office space. Cubik employees will not sign for parcels at this time.
- All staff are required to wash their hands upon arrival and again on departure.
- Each member of the team has a safe working environment with at least 2m sq. In situations where keeping a 2m sq. distance is not possible safety screens are in place.
- Our kitchen and dining area is restricted to a maximum of 6 people.
- We have increased the frequency and depth of cleaning throughout the office with a focus on high-risk areas such as door handles and light switches.
- The equipment and protocols that we implemented last March to allow our Business and Design teams to work from home are still in place. This means that, if necessary, those functions will be able to work effectively from home.
We will continue to closely monitor the advice given by the NHS, Department of Health and the Government and will make any necessary adjustments to keep our customers, suppliers, staff, and their families safe.
If anything changes, we will be in touch. Keep informed and stay safe.
Paul, Sam and the Cubik Team