Our response to COVID-19
Following the Government’s announcement regarding the latest national lockdown, we wanted to update you on our position based on the information we have as at Thursday 7th January.
In line with the current guidelines, manufacturers such as Cubik Innovation are permitted to remain open as our work cannot be completed from home. However, Cubik is committed to doing everything we can to help stop the spread of Coronavirus and have made some changes to reduce the overall number of people attending the office.
Our Production and Design teams will continue to work from Cubik HQ and will continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines in the workplace.
Where possible, members of our Business team will work from home. The remainder will work on a rota basis to enable them to access the office-based systems that they need to carry out their roles, whilst keeping staff attendance numbers down. As the situation continues to change, we may need to make further adjustments to factor in personal circumstances such as childcare.
As always, our aim is to continue to operate to the best of our ability, whilst maintaining the safety of our customers, suppliers, staff, and their families.
Our current safety measures remain in place:
- All customer meetings have been postponed or moved to conferencing facilities. There will be no face to face interactions between Cubik and our customers or suppliers until further notice.
- If customers need to collect or drop-off items at Cubik we ask that they to do so in the reception area and do not cross the line into our office space. Cubik employees will not be signing for any parcels at this time.
- We have hand cleaning stations at the entrance and exit to our facility as well as in high traffic areas. All staff are required to wash their hands upon arrival and again on departure.
- Each member of the team has a safe working environment with at least 2m sq. In situations where keeping a 2m sq. distance is not possible, we have installed screens for added safety.
- We have closed our small meeting room and reduced the capacity of our large meeting room to a maximum of 4 people. The kitchen and dining area is restricted to a maximum of 6 people.
- We have increased the frequency and depth of cleaning throughout the office with a focus on high risk areas such as door handles and light switches.
- The equipment and protocols that we implemented last March to allow our Business and Design teams to work from home remains in place. This means that should the situation deteriorate; those functions will be able to work effectively from home to protect our Production staff and facility.
- Any projects that are impacted because of adjustments that need to be made will be informed as soon as we are aware.
As the situation continues to change, we will continuously monitor the advice given by the NHS, Department of Health and the Government and we will make any necessary adjustments to keep our customers, suppliers, staff and their families safe.
If anything changes, we will be in touch. Keep informed and stay safe.
Paul, Sam and the Cubik Team